Dal Fry Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe
A spicy, a simple recipe, delicious indian cuisine, fried dal recipe from the roadside dhabas' kitchen for daal indian fry recipes. To give you the comfort of enjoying the delicacy at home we bring you this recipe better than sanjeev kapoor recipe. The dish goes really well with roti smeared with a dollop of butter or jeera rice.
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 25-30 minutes
Total Serving : 4
- Split Pigeon Pea (To : 1 cup
- Tomatoes, chopped : 2 medium
- Onion , finely chopp : 1 medium
- Garlic, finely chop : 3 cloves
- Ginger, finely chopp : 1 inch
- Turmeric powder : ¾ tsp
- Red Chilli powder : ½ tsp.
- Cumin seeds : ½ tsp.
- Mustard seeds : ½ tsp.
- Dry Mango powder (Am : 1 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Cumin powder : ½ tsp
- Garam masala : ½ tsp.
- Asafoetida : 1 pinch
- Ghee : 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste :
- Coriander leaves, c : 2 tbsp
Preparation Method for Dal Fry Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe :
- Wash the dal by changing water several times till the water appears clear
- Boil the dal in pressure cooker or in a covered pan over medium heat.
- Boil the dal with water, salt, turmeric and ginger
- When the dal is tender and well cooked, mix it well so that no lumps form, if it is too thick more water can be added to required consistency and boiled for few more minutes (consistency shouldn’t be watery)
- Mix the amchur and garam masala in few spoons of water and add the mixture to the dal and mix it well with the dal
- In a deep bottomed pan pour half of the ghee and fry the onions till golden and keep it aside
- Heat rest of the ghee and temper with green chillies, asafoetida, cumin and mustard seeds.
- Sauté till the seeds splatter.
- Add the garlic and sauté for few seconds
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the fried onion
- Add rest of the dried masalas and stir well. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes with occasional stirring till it is cooked well and the aroma comes out of the masala and the tomatoes are tender.
- Be careful not to burn the masala so keep stirring
- Pour the boiled dal in the pan with the cooked masala. Mix well and cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes over simmering flame till it boils.
- Garnish with chopped coriander before taking out of oven. Spicy toor dal fry is ready to be served.
Dal Fry Recipe Sanjeev Kapoor Recipe Videos :