Rajma Masala Recipe
Rajma Masala curry is a nutritious and delicious Punjabi dish. Rajma is cooked in a spicy tomato-onion based gravy that can be enjoyed with steamed rice or chapatis.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Total Serving : 4
Ingredients For Rajma Masala Recipe :
- Rajma (Red kidney beans) : 2 cups
- medium Onion, chopped : 1
- medium Tomatoes, chopped : 2
- medium Tomato, pureed : 1
- Garlic cloves and 1 inch Ginger, paste : 5
- Green chillies, chopped : 3
- Bay Leaf : 1
- Cinnamon stick : 1 Inch
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder : ½ tsp.
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder : 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp.
- Garam Masala powder : 1/2 tsp.
- Amchoor powder : ¼ tsp
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped : 1 small bunch
- Salt to taste :
Preparation Method for Rajma Masala Recipe :
- Soak rajma overnight. Wash and pressure cook the rajma. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add ginger, garlic and chillies. Fry until they turn brown.
- Add onions and tomatoes. Cook until masala separates from oil.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the boiled rajma, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and stir.
- Simmer the flame and cook until a thick gravy is formed.
- Remove from fire. Garnish rajma with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis or rice.
Rajma Masala Recipe Videos :