Gobi Manchurian Recipe
Gobi Manchurian is a spicy Indo-Chinese recipe. A crispy vegetable platter in a thick hot & tangy gravy, it can go so very well with roti, naan, rice or noodles. The dry version of Gobi Manchurian can even serve as an appetizer.
Preparation Time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 30 minutes
Total Serving : 4
Ingredients For Gobi Manchurian Recipe :
- Cauliflower, cleaned : 500 gm
- Flour (Maida) : ½ cup
- Corn Flour : 3 tbsp
- Green Chillies, minc : 3
- Red Chillies, dry an : 2
- Ginger, paste : 2 tsp.
- Garlic, paste : 2 tsp.
- medium Onion, thinly : 1
- small bunch Spring O : 1
- medium Capsicum, cho : 1
- Ajinamoto : ½ tsp.
- Sugar : ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli powder : ¼ tsp.
- Soya Sauce : 2 tbsp.
- Tomato Sauce : 2 tbsp.
- Vinegar : 1 tbsp.
- Oil : 3 tbsp.
- Water : 1 & 1/2 cups
- Milk :
- Salt to taste :
Preparation Method for Gobi Manchurian Recipe :
- Boil the cauliflower florets in enough water to which the 1 tbsp. of milk has been added
- Drain the water and dry the florets
- Mix 2 tbsp. corn flour with plain flour, salt to taste, ginger and garlic ½ tsp. each and red chilli powder. Add water to this mixture to make a thin batter
- Dip the florets into the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. After frying you can place the fried florets over some tissue paper to soak the excess oil
- Into the rest of the oil in the pan add the sliced onion and fry till translucent.
- Place the onions a bit aside in the pan and add broken red chillies, remaining ginger and garlic paste, chopped green chillies and sauté them for a minute.
- Add spring onion and capsicum to this along with salt and sugar and stir fry for a minute more, so that the capsicums are half fried
- Add the florets now along with vinegar, soya sauce, tomato sauce, ajinamoto to this and mix well.
- Add 1 ½ cup water to bring it to boil. For the Dry version of the dish add only ½ cup of water.
- Mix 1 tbsp. of corn flour with ¼ cup of water and mix well. Add this mixture gradually to the boiling gravy to thicken it.
- Bring the gravy to boil and boil till it is transparent. It can be boiled less or more after that as per the thickness of gravy required.
- Remove from oven and Gobi Manchurian is ready to be served.
Gobi Manchurian Recipe Videos :